Don't miss out! 75% of in-person tickets already claimed. Save your seat today!
you will want to attend
- 100% practical teaching about how to work with contracts you handle all the time
- Built around training bursts with tons of practical training in small groups with experienced lawyers
- Fun and laughter is built in to every part of the event
- Contract Karaoke hosted by our Contract Music Master
- $2,500+ in prizes for both in-person and virtual ticket holders
- Be part of this incredible contract community
Are you ready to get the practical training you've been wanting while having fun with your new contract buddies?Save My Seat Now!
Lawyers and professionals like you LOVED
ATTENTION: The potato did not attend ContractsCon 2023. Any comments by the potato should be disregarded. Those who included the potato's comments on this page have been sacked. We suspect they are in cahoots with the saboteurs of the film credits for Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Want to read more about what our attendees LOVED about ContractsCon 2023?
Why ContractsCon 2024 is the Best Training Event in the World
Practical training for the work you do all the time
For every mega M&A transaction or financing, there are thousands of regular contracts that companies handle day-in and day-out. This training helps you learn how to do those BETTER with strategies based on best practices used by top lawyers with solid real-world in-house experience.
Have a ton of experience already? This event is perfect for lawyers and professionals with 10+ years of contract experience too. We've added a whole day of training built to teach advanced contract skills. Plus you can connect with your peers and help out the ones earlier on the training path.
Build friendships and connections that last all year
If you went to ContractsCon 2023, you know what I'm talking about. This event is not sitting by yourself pretending to work while you play Candy Crush all day. This event is about connecting human-to-human, showing support and kindness as we come to learn and have fun together.
Have the most fun you've ever had at a contract training event - GUARANTEED!
You don't have to tolerate boring CLE. to learn about contracts. We created ContractsCon to provide a fun atmosphere that supports you learning the best way there is - with silly stories, laughter, and shared joy. Yes, it is possible. Come experience it for yourself. (Disclaimer - This guarantee is mere puffery. You are on notice not to detrimentally rely on that statement in your purchasing decision. There's actually no such guarantee.)Save My Seat Now!
WE CALL IT A
FOR A REASON
We'll have CLE across all of US and Canada
We are going to pursue GO BIG strategy for CLE, pursuing credit for lawyers licensed in all 50 states and where required in Canada. We're offering 7 hours of CLE sessions for virtual ticket holders and 13 hours for those attending in person.
Even more ways to meet and connect
We are incorporating even more fun and friendship into ContractsCon 2024. Our event app is packed with activities, connections, social media, polls, and contests to engage you with the attendees, the hosts, the speakers, and sponsors (but not the potato).
We're going to be in Las Vegas, but not in a casino
We are so thrilled that the University of Nevada - Las Vegas William S. Boyd School of Law is hosting us on campus. We can connect without the bing bing bing sounds and calls to drop in one more $20. But if that's your thing, don't worry! We're just 2 miles from the Strip.
A virtual program rebuilt for the virtual audience
We are replacing the live broadcast of the in-person event from ContractsCon 2023 with a virtual-centered program delivered directly to the virtual audience. At-home viewers can ask questions to the speakers, connect with other attendees in the event app, and feel like we built it for you. Because we did!
Plus we have bonuses for in-person and virtual ticket holders, including
Free access to Laura's 2-hour Contract Essentials course on intellectual property, including all the bonus materials ($195 value)
Common Paper's ContractsCon Playbook, with details and advice about negotiating each side of common templates ($200 value)
You should attend ContractsCon 2024 if . . .
you want to invest in your career and yourself by improving your job skills
you want to support your team by investing in their skills and development
you know that you will learn more with small group training and interactive learning than a traditional CLE
you believe in the power of connection and how much we all benefit from spending time with old friends and making new ones
"How is ContractsCon different from other legal training CLEs?"
Laura started ContractsCon with a premise - contracts training should be practical, fun, interactive, and supportive. Everything about ContractsCon focuses on that goal. Check out this video to hear from Tiffany about the ways ContractsCon is a different kind of legal training event.SAVE MY SEAT!
CONTRACT TRAINING AGENDA
DAY 1 - WEDNESDAY
Essentials and Strategies
Learn or refresh your core skills and work techniques
- Dive deep into the essentials of contracts to help you gain confidence in your skills.
- Learn from experienced mentors seated in each small group to guide you through learning bursts
- Insights from litigators who explain top ways contracts go wrong
- Our best techniques for using AI and other contract tools to make your job easier
- How to manage the impossible workload that comes with the surges of contract work.
DAY 2 - THURSDAY
Advanced Contract Drafting
Explore complex contract drafting issues and nuances
- The impact of advancing AI technology and increased regulation on our core commercial contracts
- Contract drafting approaches to better manage data, privacy and cybersecurity traps
- How to navigate the digital contract formation processes with links and rights to unilaterally edit terms
- How to create complex contract frameworks with multiple layers and interested parties
DAY 3 - FRIDAY
Learn best practices and new techniques (some sessions only available in person)
- Techniques for building trust throughout even the most difficult negotiation for complex contract concepts when you can't get it wrong
- How to improve your preparation for negotiations to reach a better outcome and avoid mistakes
- Specifics about why and how to respond effectively even in the most challenging negotiation situations
1. An approach to legal training created by How to Contract's Laura Frederick that incorporates the ridiculous and fun into practical legal skills education for law students and professionals.
- How to Contract was started in 2021 by Laura Frederick after spending 25+ years as an attorney in the trenches negotiating commercial contracts at international law firms and cutting edge companies like Tesla
- HTC focuses on providing actionable training with specific techniques that lawyers and professionals can use that day on contracts they see all the time
- We train on what to say, when and why explaining context and risk approaches we face in the real world of commercial contracts, focusing on what the words and concessions mean to your deal and risk.
- HTC has helped thousands of lawyers and professionals around her world through her 3+ year streak of posting contract tips and silly cartoons on LinkedIn every single day
ContractsCon 2024 Speakers and Hosts
ContractsCon's creator and host
Founder & CEO, How to Contract
Founder @ Contract Nerds; Senior Counsel @ Franklin Templeton
Tiffany Bui LeTourneau
Former Uber AGC, Head of Legal Ecosystem @ Common Paper
Partner @ Botkin Chiarello Calaf
General Counsel @ Jeff's Bagel Run
Founder and CEO @ American Negotiation Institute
Chief Privacy Officer @ Dell Technologies
Former SaaS GC, now in solo practice @ 108 Legal
Former GC, now legal consultant
Former cybersecurity lawyer @ Chubb, Partner @ Tarter, Krinsky & Drogin
Founder and CEO @ BriefCatch
Deputy General Counsel @ Surescripts
Negotiation Strategist and Associate Professor Counsel @ BMI Institute
Head of Legal Ops @ Lexion
General Counsel @ Ohio Northern University
Former GC, Co-Founder @ Meister & Steiner
Former in-house AI counsel, now Partner @ Ward & Berry
CEO and Senior Counsel @ Hilgers Graben
Chief Legal Officer @ Lexion.ai
Co-Founder, DEI Directive
General Counsel @ Qapital
Founder @ Write.law, Professor @ UNLV School of Law
Announcing the official Music Master of ContractsCon 2024
of LinkedIn Music Monday song parody fame!!!
John Lindsey is the spirit animal of the contracts community on LinkedIn. That's why I was so thrilled he agreed to be the Music Master of ContractsCon.
He'll be leading the musical fun at ContractsCon, coordinating walk-on music for the speakers, playing the soundtrack at lunch, and organizing the world's first Contracts Karaoke. John is the President of InCite LegalTech, where he helps optimize legal tech and workflows.
Happiness Guarantee Terms
ContractsCon 2024 will take place on the campus at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, just two miles from the Vegas Strip.
The on-campus setting helps set the tone that we are here to learn from and with each other.
The event offers a single track to maximize time working with small groups on practice provisions. We've structured each eight-person table to provide those newer to contracts with all-day one-on-one advice from those more experienced attendees.Save My Seat at UNLV Now!